The Western Australian Medical Student Society has a large social justice portfolio, of which we are very proud. Hundreds of medical students volunteer time to each of these causes. You can read more about each one below.
- Red Party - Based on a similar idea from the UK, Red Party seeks to through a great party with a red theme, the internationally recognised colour of AIDS. Proceeds of the party go to Oxfam Australia’s Integrated HIV and AIDS Program. Alongside the party, Red Aware aims to educate about the disease and its implications.
- Teddy Bear Hospital - The program links medical students with young primary school students in order to reduce young children’s anxiety toward doctors, promote healthy lifestyle messages, enhance medical students’ communication and understanding of young children. You can learn more here.
- Global Health Short Course -
- Lookout -
- Zonta Birthing Kits -
- Local and International Needs Contribution Scheme (LINCS) -
- Crossing Borders for Health -
- Code Green - a WAMSS and Interhealth initiative with three key goals: Educate medical students on climate changes effect on health, how to 'go green' and empower them to be voice and advocate on climate change.
- Institute of Indian Mother and Child -
- International Child Health Review Collaboration (ICHRC) -